Thursday 26 August 2010

Greetings at last my dear friends, family and fellow bloggers,

I finally have time to make my first post about my life in Camphill.

I know it has been a couple weeks since many of you have heard from me, but things here have been really busy and it’s taking my fellow coworkers and I time to settle in. There is no shortage of information that needs to be stuffed into our minds, and some how we need to retain it all. Example: a five-hour “Client Care- Moving and Handling” course with the most un amussing man I have ever met, but one must know these things.

I’m really impressed with how easy it has been to readjust to Camphill life. It truly is a life choice to live in Camphill, I can’t stress enough how this is not work, and it’s my life. What a good life it will be, I could already tell in the first couple of days that I had made the right choice for this point in my life, even though I did take my time to make that choice.

We are a great group of coworker this year and most of us remarked in the first couple of days how we all seem to work well together and we really have created our own small community within the larger one, it’s so wonderful.

Since I have been here I have been replaying over and over in my mind those precious weeks I spent here in Scotland with my Grandparents.

I remember one particular day when we went to Newton Dee estate, they have this beautiful cafĂ© and we went and had a nice hot lunch to escape the cold rain. On our way out after perusing their lovely organic supermarket I remember grandpa stopping to look at the shelf’s filled with magazines, maps, and books about Camphill, Rudolf Steiner, and curative education. He just started grabbing anything that looked interesting and I recall asking him why he wanted such a stack of papers? He simply said “so that when I tell people where my eldest Granddaughter is and what she is doing I can show and tell them about it. I knew in that moment how proud he was of me and I know he would be so proud of me now.

That was the one thing that took the longest to get over, simply the fact that I didn’t get the chance to tell him what I always knew but took me ages to admit to myself. I have always known that what I end up doing with my life it must be something that gives back to the larger community: the world.

I really do realize, now that I’m here, that this is a beautiful life choice. It brings your soul to life; it shows it’s true potential.

Rudolf Steiner describes these children as vessels filled with water. One may be big with cracks, one small and rusty and another chipped and crooked, but the soul of the child is pure and beautiful and the same as everyone. We all have a beautiful soul it just needs to be recognized and awakened.

This life does that for me, it awakens my soul in a new way, it’s wonderful.

Tonight my house had our weekly house evening meeting. Just before we finished we went around the room and we each shared a highlight from the week. I said that I finally had that warm internal feeling of being settled and that at last I felt that amazing connection forming with my pupil and I. It’s such a great feeling knowing that you love someone no matter how challenging they can be at times, because you get to a point where you never see anything negative it’s all playful and joyous. My pupil is very sensitive and can really sense if you truly like or love her, we have bonded very quickly and I feel f=great about her, she is wonderful. Every morning now when I go to wake her she sees me and squeals with delight at the sight of my face. I feel appreciated, loved and it’s wonderful that it’s starting to feel like a family at last.

I’m very happy so far with my new family and friends, I’m so lucky to be where I am and to be doing such rewarding work.

Well cheers for now I hope you are all doing well and you will be hearing again from me very soon!

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful post my darling daughter. You made me cry. Your grandfather already knew that you were committed to being of service to world, he loved that about you. You are his legacy and you are making us all proud with your good and loving work.

    Keep posting, it helps the pain of missing you to know that you find such joy in your work.

    I love you tremendously.
    Mum

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww.what can I say? You are amazing and I am SOOOO happy that you are in the right place and that you know it. I look forward to hearing more and seeing more photos. Camphill in Scotland is beautiful. What is the name of the place behind your blog? or where is it? I love you beautiful. I agree with your mom, you are a legacy of grandpa. Have fun!! Auntie Karyn

    ReplyDelete