Sunday 29 August 2010

Saturday...


Well it’s the end of the day and I’m sitting at my desk in my cozy room with a large cup of mint tea thinking about all that has passed so far. It’s hard to believe it’s already been almost a month since I arrived. Time has gone by fast and I’m so at home here. Yes I do think fondly of Seattle and all that dwells there as I’m nodding off to sleep after a long day, but this is becoming home.

It’s a Saturday night and today I had a lovely day even if it did start with a mild hangover due to the clubroom party that occurred yesterday evening. I really love weekends here, they are so relaxed, and fun and it’s when it feels most like a home and not a school. We have a nice breakfast, and we linger a bit at the table savoring that last bit shade grown coffee that’s now almost cold. We sip our lukewarm caffeine as we gossip about the weeks events and laugh at the silly things we don’t remember doing the night before.

This weekend like most we just have my pupil Emma so it’s very relaxed and sweet Emma gets all the attention, which she adores. In the morning Bel another coworker who’s from Thailand, took Emma for a nice walk to Newton Dee café. While she was out having a lovely time I stayed behind to clean and make lunch. It’s nice because I can have a bit of a break while I listen to Radio 1 and clean the cooker.

Today I made a nice lunch of pasta with a delicious Béchamel sauce, Uncle Jack; it was perfect, you would have been so proud. I also made a Beet salad (Emma loves beets just like me), a Zucchini salad and a nice green salad as well.

Then after an hour rest hour Emma and I went to Mignon house to visit Joseph another pupil who is also in Emma’s class. We had a lovely time with the other pupils and co-workers in Mignon house as we walked to the River Dee. It was so beautiful by the river, the rain had finally stopped and just a very little bit of sun came through the clouds making the water look glassy. I loved the crunch the stones made beneath our feet as we searched for a way to get closer to the water. We didn’t manage in the end. Because it’s wasn’t possible for our pupils to hop across the large stones that made a path to the island of rocks on the rivers edge. So we just all stared longingly at the river wishing to get closer. I had desperation to place my hands in the cool water but I could only imagined the delicious sensation in my mind. Emma really wanted to get closer but I explained that unless she wanted to go swimming we were not crossing. She got so excited about the potential of swimming I thought she might slide down the hill and really splash her way across the water. It was a very amusing trip and Emma and I both enjoyed it. We both are the social type, even if Emma doesn’t speak with her mouth she has her own way of communicating and she loves her friends. Emma is also a very sensitive girl and she will either like you or she doesn’t. I already know, and have been told by those who are observing our new relationship that she likes me very much. So it really makes my life here so wonderful knowing that she loves me and gives me lot’s of hugs and kisses every day.

After our walk Emma and I joined Mignon for supper and after Emma even helped with the washing up, which she does every night. It was so nice to be with the others as Jorina washed, Emma rinsed and I dried while chatting about the day. I felt so relaxed and happy; I really love community it brings so much joy to my life and to the others who are coexisting here.

I’m really enjoying creating these personal relationships here in Camphill while I’m building a new foundation for my life.

After Settling Emma this evening I went with some others to a talk being given in the Hall by an Autistic woman named Ros Blackburn. It was a great way to end the day, I feel so satisfied knowing I had a full day filled with many wonderful things that I shall smile about as I fall asleep tonight.

Until next time take care and do something to fulfill your life, it will keep you smiling even when things become difficult.

3 comments: